If you have a small living space, you know that the way you arrange your furniture is key to function and style. We’ve talked about dual use furniture before, but this time we want to focus on storage ottomans. This popular piece of furniture can be found in all shapes, sizes and colors– even materials to match your style and get you some well-deserved storage space.
Emilee Schumer is part of the Dot & Bo editorial team and she shares some ideas to help with the topic.
“We’re experts on all things home decor over here…many of our customers live in small spaces and we are well-versed in the benefits of multifunctional furniture pieces,” says Schumer.
They not only offer pieces that can help entertain and look nice in any space, they also offer storage for blankets, throw pillows, children toys and more.
Why we like storage ottomans
- They look great and can be a place to rest your feet after a long day of work.
- They can be of any material or shape you’d like to match your existing furniture pieces.
- They can be used as end tables to set your food and drinks on.
*If the storage ottoman you picked has a soft surface, don’t worry! Getting a fun tray to set on top is a great option to keeping your snacks and drinks safe as well as an easy way to switch things up a bit.
- Depending on their size, you can really use them to store things that you may use on a regular basis but don’t always want to have “out,” such as children’s toys or blankets for those laid-back movie nights.
- You can have as many as you want. Well, if you have the space, that is. We could see you getting two smaller–square or round ottomans, and accommodating them to a living room space as side tables with the alternate use of hiding some stuff away and staying organized.
Some ottomans actually have a flip top which serves as a table and cover. Schumer has a personal favorite called the Anya Ottoman.
“This boho-inspired ottoman lends worldly charm to your living room. It can serve as extra seating or a spot to rest your feet at the end of a long day. Even better, top it with a tray and use it as a coffee table,” says Schumer.
So get your search on and let those creative juices flow. You can shop around for deals and find the perfect accent piece for your space that will also allow you to stay organized.