If you’re thinking about moving to Nashville, you’re off to a great city. Nashville is well known for its lively atmosphere and variety of things to do. Much of it goes hand in hand with being the Country Music Mecca of the US.
Ben Cooke, Founder of BCC, LLC says that “there’s a new reason to visit Music City.”
“The Ascend Amphitheater is Nashville’s first inner-city outdoor venue and it is attracting household names to its stage. The city sought out the designers of the famous Hollywood Bowl to create a world class experience for audiences and performers alike,” says Cooke.
So if you’re looking to make the move next year, you may be just in time for these shows.
The amphitheater officially opened in August 2015 and kicks off shows at the end of July with acts like Eric Church, the Counting Crows, Phish, Janet Jackson and more appearing throughout the year according to Cooke.
Need more than music to fall in love with Nashville? Here are a few other things that can be fun for the whole family. But remember– the city has plenty more if none of these strike your fancy.
Fall Activities in Nashville
- The Tennessee State Fair: This year’s theme is “Red White & You!” and the fair is said to “focus on family entertainment, educational experiences and a pride in what we all find good about our nation and the Volunteer State.” September 11-20.
- Americana Music Festival & Conference: This event takes place throughout Nashville and it houses panels, seminars, showcases (music) and more. September 15-20.
- Einstein is a Dummy: Held at the Nashville Children’s Theatre, this is a great activity for children and really, a musical comedy for the whole family. September 17- October 4.
- Cheekwood Harvest: With Nashville’s chilly Fall weather, this is the perfect family outing to stroll around it and see the scarecrows, pumpkins and more. You’ll love Cheekwood. September 19 – November 1.
- Nashville Flea Market: Fall Fest: Considered one of the top 10 flea markets in the country, this fall fest is sure to keep you entertained for quite a while. September 25- 27.
- Wizard Word Comic Con: “Actors, artists and creators converge upon the Music City Center for three days this September. It’s a unique gathering of your favorite celebrities in one place to celebrate entertainment from the worlds of television, film, comics and cosplay.” September 25- 27.
- Zombie Shakespeare: “Your favorite Shakespeare scenes performed live in full zombie makeup.” This one is a hoot for sure. October 3.
You can see the city’s full events calendar here and find something that’s right for you. Regardless of why you’re moving to Nashville, we want you to make the most of your adventure and enjoy this magnificent city while you’re there.