When looking for movers it can be hard to find someone who you trust to move your precious belongings across the country or just down the street to your local storage facility. We’ve put together a list of a few things you should consider when hiring a moving company. Remember though if you feel uneasy at any time about the company trust your gut and look for someone else who you feel more comfortable with.
- Hire The Best – When looking to hire a professional moving company it pays to do some research. Using online services such as merchant circle, where customers can post reviews of the company will be helpful.
- Referrals – Ask around. Referrals from friends, family members, or local real estate agencies, are a testament to the company and the good job that they will do.
- Licensing – Make sure you ask the company if you can verify their licensing. Also check to see if the company is bonded and insured.
- Research – Do some online digging to confirm that the company you are using is legitimate. The U.S. Department of Transportation, MovingScam.com, and the Better Business Bureau should have records of the moving company in their databases.
- Get An Estimate – In order to make sure you are getting the best bang for your buck have at least three in-home estimates of the job. Price shouldn’t be the only motivating factor; an extremely low bid could indicate a desperate mover.
- “Binding Not-To-Exceed” – When getting a written estimate ask for “Binding Not-To-Exceed” estimates.
Latest posts by SSF Team (see all)
- Store Your Skateboard: Face It, It’s Time - July 14, 2015
- FAQ: 10 Myths About Self Storage - September 16, 2014
- FAQ: What Happens If My Storage Unit Is Destroyed? - September 11, 2014